Our farm is located one half hour northwest of London, Ontario Canada on the road to Sarnia, Ontario and Port Huron, Michigan, USA.
Cold Stream the Texel Specialists
The Dutch T E X E L Sheep
Texel sheep originate from the Friesian Islands off the northern tip of Holland.
Over the centuries the local farmers developed the breed for meat, milk and wool
production. More recently the supply of cheap wool from Australia has concentrated
improvements on meat quality. This has been so successful that:
THE TEXELS ARE LEADERS IN THE SUPPLY OF
SUCCELENT LAMB THAT IS IN INCREASING
European sheep producers have taken to the breed with enthusiasm and that enthusiasm
is now spreading in North America.
Become part of the move to Texel. Contact Mels and Ruthanne
- robust, strongly framed, thickset body
- hind quarters, large, full and muscled well done to the hock
- rump is wide, level and square with a high tail attachment
- legs wide but squarely attached
- neck, short set, blending smoothly into shoulders
- broad shoulders blending into body
- back straight, wide, long and well muscled
- strong head must be flat topped
- nose preferably black and wide, hooves black
- long staple, white fleece semi open
van der Laan
YOU'LL BE GLAD YOU DID!!!